Cochlear Americas has updated The Communication Corner to include new Spanish materials for pediatric patients. The Communication Corner is an innovative website which helps make the most of a patient’s hearing with fun and engaging games, printable resources and practice tools developed specifically for each age group.
From early listening skills to more effective everyday conversations, the Communication Corner supports the needs of children, parents and adults with hearing loss, as well as the professionals who serve them. Whether your patients are using hearing aids, a bone conduction device, or a cochlear implant system, the Communication Corner helps tailor learning programs to any age and communication level. Each program comes with a description and sample exercise so that the user can “try it on for size” to see how it fits. Completing the accompanying assessment provides guidance on where to start and how best to use the selected program. At the end of the program, there is a suggestion as to which program might be attempted next.
- NEW – Sound Foundations for Babies and Toddlers (Spanish) – provides guidance in developing a child’s spoken language through listening both before and after receiving a hearing device.
- NEW – Sound Foundations for Children (English) – this program follows the same flow as the babies and toddler program with advanced language learning tools for kids just staring school.
- NEW – Bucket of Frog Activities – These games are built around learning different speech sounds in fun and engaging games for play groups. Follow the link to buy your own toys for the activities.
- Sound Foundation for Babies and Toddlers (English) – provides guidance in developing a child’s spoken language through listening both before and after receiving a hearing device
- LEAPing on with Language for School Age Children – provides practical strategies that aim to accelerate a child’s spoken language learning beyond simple sentences to more complex and abstract language
- Telephone with Confidence – allows daily practice using the phone by calling a toll-free number with rotating word lists and phrases
- HOPE Notes – helps improve music perception and appreciation
- Improving Understanding with Communication Strategies – helps assess different communication styles and uses strategies to improve understanding in a variety of listening situations
Visit The Communication Corner at http://www.Cochlear.com/US/CommCorner