A new AudiologyOnline course is now open for registration, Increasing Access to Cochlear Implants through Successful Partnerships.
Tuesday, January 19th @ 12 PM Eastern Time
Presented by Christopher Garrett, AuD., CCC-A, Cochlear Provider Network Territory Manager
- Chrissy Lemley, Au.D at Allegany Hearing and Balance
- Brian Kellermeyer, MD at WVU Medicine
Providers will learn about bimodal solution referral and candidacy criteria as well as the benefits of implementing cochlear implant services into private practice settings. They will also hear from a Cochlear Provider Network member, who has successfully implemented cochlear implant services into their practice and will share the practice and patient benefits.
After attending this course you’ll be able to:
- Explain the current penetration of cochlear implants in the United States
- Identify both candidacy, evaluation and referral considerations for bimodal solutions
- Describe the process, outcome, and practical considerations to adding cochlear implant services to a private audiology practice
- Summarize the key points to creating a successful partnership for the benefit of cochlear implant candidates and recipients