By guest author: Natasha McDougald
Are your patients getting ready for a wild wet summer? Share the following tips with your patients for them to HearYourWay™ while getting soaked.
- For Behind the Ear processors use rechargeable batteries while using the Cochlear™ Aqua+*
- For Kanso®; the LR44 battery is required for use with the Aqua+
- Always remember to use a safety line with your processor when exploring the ocean or river since processors don’t float!
- Want to hear coach’s instructions clearly during swim club with your Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7, Nucleus® 6 or Kanso? Have them use the MiniMicrophone 2+ while coaching from the deck.
Tips for Optimizing Sensitivity and Volume for Aqua+
- Many recipients may prefer slightly increased volume and sensitivity while wearing their Aqua+
- Consider having the patient bring their Aqua+ and optimizing a MAP for sensitivity and volume while they are wearing the Aqua+ to create as a manual program OR encourage recipients to utilize remote controls or the Nucleus Smart App since preferred changes are likely to be minimal and temporary.
Share this instructional video with your patients to help answer their questions about using the Aqua+ with their Nucleus 7 Sound Processor:
About our guest author:
Natasha has worked at Cochlear Americas for almost 7 years partnering with clinicians and surgeons at the University of Miami, UCSF, Stanford, UC Davis and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital of Oakland to bring cochlear implants to pediatric and adult patients. Extremely passionate, Natasha is professionally and personally invested in the implantable hearing industry and strives to forward the cause of those affected by hearing loss. She has presented numerous talks and courses on hearing loss, multiple disabilities, advocating skills and cochlear implantation to audiences in the medical-technology, educational, special needs and family support sectors.